Facts about Deepika Padukone
Deepika Padukone a gorgeous high paid Bollywood actress born in Copenhagen and brought up in Indian City Bangalore. She was from a sports family background and her father was a Badminton player.
Deepika Padukone began her modeling career while in college. During her modeling career, she has modeled for such Indian brand names as Dabur Lal powder, Liril, Limca, Close-Up toothpaste and has served as the “brand ambassador” of the Jewels of India retail jewelry show.
Deepika Padukone Family, Relatives and Other Relations
She was born to Ujjala Padukone and a famous Indian badminton player Prakash Padukone. She has a younger sister named Anisha Padukone who is a professional Golfer. She was romantically linked with Ranbir Kapoor and Yuvraj Singh. After a long affair with well-known Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, she finally married him on 14-11-2018.
Deepika who has become global icon now endorses several brands like…
Llyod in which she has been seen with her husband Ranveer Singh.
Tetley Green Tea, Nestle Fruita Vitals and many more. She has also seen in the endorsement of Reliance Jio.
- November 14, 2018
Deepika Padukone married Ranveer Singh on 14-11-2018.
- June 10 Prakash Padukone’s Birthday (Father)
- July 6 Ranveer Singh’s Birthday (Husband)
- February 2 Anisha Padukone’s Birthday (Sister)
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College||Mount Caramel College, Bengaluru|
|Hobbies||Playing Badminton and Cooking|
|Debut||Kannada Film – Aishwarya (2006)
Bollywood Film – Om Shanti Om (2007)
Tamil Film – Kochadaiiyaan (2014)
Hollywood Film – xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017)
|Best Movies||Om Shanti Om (2007), Piku (2015), Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013), Bajirao Mastani (2015), Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013) among others|
|Best Friends||Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra & Ranveer Singh|
|Salary||INR 15 Crore Per Film|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Car Collections||Audi A8, Mercedes Benz G63, BMW 5 Series and Range Rover|
|Favorite Color||Mauve and White|
|Favorite Player||Saina Nehwal|
|Favorite Sport||Football, Polo and Badminton|
|Favorite Actress||Hema Malini, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Actor||>Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh|
|Favorite Film Director||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favorite Place||Maldives and France|
|Favorite Food||Rasam Rice|
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Deepika Padukone
- She is distantly related to veteran filmmaker Vasanth Padukone (Guru Dutt).
- She was in talks with Sanjay Leela Bhansali to star in Saanwariya. However, that role went to Sonam Kapoor.
- She has also represented Karnataka in Badminton.
- Her sister Anisha too is a golf player.
- She was offered the role in the films like Kick and Sultan but she rejected both of them.
- She was in a relationship with Nihar Pandya during her modeling days.
- She initially rejected the film Karthik Calling Karthik as she had to smoke. The filmmakers managed to convince her and she was organic cigarettes to smoke.
- She was credited of ahead of Shah Rukh Khan in the film Chennai Express.
- She learned sword fight, horse riding, and martial art form ‘Kalaripayattu’ to depict the character of warrior princess Mastani in the film ‘Bajirao Mastani.’
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepika Padukone
- Does Deepika Padukone drink alcohol?: Yes
- Deepika was born into a Konkani family in Denmark, but her family moved back to Bengaluru when she was 11 months old.
- She was not a social person at a young age and had very few friends.
- Inspired by her badminton legend father, Prakash Padukone, she started playing badminton at a young age and played State-level badminton till the 10th standard.
- Though she wanted to become a Badminton player, she changed her mind and started modeling.
- In order to become a model, she relocated to Mumbai from Bengaluru and stayed at her aunt’s home.
- Deepika made her first catwalk when she was 17 years old.
- Deepika won the “Model of the Year” award at the 5th annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- In 2004, she came into limelight with her “oof yu maa!” ad for Liril Orange.
- It was Salman Khan who first spotted her talent and offered her a offer me a film, but at that time she had just started her modelling career and wasn’t ready to do films.
- In 2005, she first appeared in the song “Naam Hai Tera” from Himesh Reshammiya‘s hit album ‘Aap Kaa Surroor.’
- She has learned acting skills from Anupam Kher‘s ‘Actor Prepares‘ and dance from Shiamak Davar.
- Though Deepika was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with anjay Leela Bhansali‘s ‘Saawariya’, Bhansali played it safe and opted for Anil Kapoor‘s daughter’s formula, and replaced her with Sonam Kapoor.
- Farah Khan approached Deepika to sign her for her film ‘Happy New Year‘, but later on the film was canceled (later released in 2014 starring Deepika) and she was later signed up for ‘Om Shanti Om’ (2007), which became a blockbuster and made her star overnight. Reportedly, she wasn’t the first choice for the film Happy New Year (2014), but it was Ankita Lokhande.
- In 2008, she was ranked #1 in Indian Maxim’s ‘Hot 100’ list.
- In 2009, Deepika worked as a freelancer writer for HT City, the lifestyle supplement of Hindustan Times.
- For her role as “Suzy” in the film ‘Chandni Chowk to China’ (2009), she learned a Japanese martial art form “Jujutsu”, and performed all the stunts herself.
- In 2010, she adopted a village in Ambegaon, Maharashtra, to provide the villagers with the basic amenities, such as – water and electricity.
- In 2012, she was named ‘India’s Most Beautiful Woman‘ by the Indian edition of People magazine.
- Deepika has a clothing label ‘All About You’, which she launched on Myntra.
- She prefers using the lift rather than the stairs.
- In 2015, she founded the ‘Live Love Laugh Foundation‘, to prevent and deal with depression.
- She was offered a role in ‘Furious 7‘ (2015), but she declined the offer due to other commitments.
- In 2016, she became the highest-paid actress of Bollywood after the grand success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani.’
- She is very systematic at doing things and has a habit of listing down everything.
- In October 2019, she shared her teacher’s remarks on her Instagram. As per her teacher’s remarks, she used to be very talkative in class.
- Deepika and Ranveer were engaged 4 years before they tied the knot in November 2018.
Family and background
Deepika belongs to a Brahmin family. Her father Prakash Padukone is a former badminton player and first Indian player to win All England Championship. Mother of Deepika Padukone, Ujjala Padukone is a travel agent. Anisha Padukone, sister of Deepika is a golfer.
She completed her schooling from Sophia high school, Bengaluru and her pre-university education from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru. She also enrolled herself in IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for B.A Sociology but couldn’t pursue her degree due to her modeling career.