Check out latest photogallery of Deepika Padukone, model turned bollywood actress. The sizzling hottie has emerged as the commercial success lately. She received the critical acclaim for her bold role in ‘Cocktail’. Her upcoming movies are Ayan Mukerji’s ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’, ’Race 2′ alongside Saif Ali Khan, Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel , ’Kochadaiyaan’ opposite Rajnikanth and ‘ Chennai Express’ opposite Shahrukh Khan.
Mumbai, Dec 10: As Shah Rukh has been shooting for Rohit Shetty’s new film “Chennai Express” he got to taste his past experience in present. The DDLJ train act was repeated in a sequence of “Chennai Express”. Remember the iconic scene of the train in “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge”? “Chennai Express” too has a similar scene.
In the train sequence of CE we see Shah Rukh standing at the door of the train, with his arms stretching out, while the heroine Deepika Padukone is running towards him to catch the train. Yes, the only difference in CE from DDLJ is that we see Deepika in the scene instead of Kajol. Deepika Padukone plays the role of a village girl in this movie. The film is a romantic one. Many are expecting the same magic of SRK and Deepika as was visible in the 2007 blockbuster “Om Shanti Om” by Farah Khan. The film’s shooting began in September this year.
The cast includes Sathyaraj and Manorama apart from the lead roles played by SRK and Dippy. The film is produced jointly by SRK’s Red Chillies Entertainment and UTV Motion Pictures. Music has been composed by the duo Vishal and Shekhar. Earlier, names of popular actresses like Kareena Kapoor and Asin Thottumkal were rumored to be the female lead of the movie. Butin August it was announced that Deepika has signed in to be the female lead.
10 facts about the movie
Marking the years anniversary of the romantic comedy, we bring to you a list of 10 facts you probably did not know about the box office hit.
1. Kareena Kapoor and Asin Thottumkal were also approached for the role opposite Shah Rukh.
2. In a first, ‘Chennai Express’ was the first Bollywood movie which was released on the same day in India and in Peru which is on the other side of the Earth as India.
3. The movie was released with subtitles in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, German, Hebrew, Dutch, Turkish and Malay.
4. The stills of Ooty in the movie were actually a recreation, carefully worked upon by art director Narendra Ruharikar. The shooting was actually done along the outskirts of Panchgani.
5. Shah Rukh underwent a shoulder surgery due to an injury he had on the sets of ‘Chennai Express’ while shooting a fist-fight scene with Deepika Padukone.
6. The official trailer of the movie got 2 million hits within four days of its release.
8.’Chennai Express’ marked the comeback of singer S.P. Balasubrahmanyam who agreed to lend his voice to a Bollywood track after a decade.
9. ‘Chennai Express’ simultaneously released across 3,500 screens in the country making it the widest release of any Bollywood movie.
10. This was the first time Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty came together for a movie.
news18.com – Abhijeet Sen